Thursday, March 22, 2012

The first step is admitting you have a problem...

I have a problem, an addiction.  I got one taste of obstacle course races less than a year ago and I was instantly hooked right in.  There's no treatment and no cure.  I recognized the problem almost immediately but it was too late.  One Tough Mudder in Vermont on the side of a mountain was complete and my path was chosen.  Like a heroin addict constantly chasing that first high, I'm constantly striving for more intensity.  More pain, more suck, more soreness.  My shoulders are still sore from my first Goruck Challenge and I'm already trying to register for another one.  If the Goruck wasn't enough ass-kicking I'm also trying to fit in a "S.E.R.E. Performance" class that is terrifying me but I want to do it so bad.

My first Tough Mudder of 2012 is about a month away.  That Saturday in Pennsylvania starts a run of five I'll be attempting in fifteen days.  This one will be special to me because I finally get to meet, in person a handful of friends I've made online with the same passion as me.  While this is exciting, it will merely be a taste of what we have in store for us in the Fall though.  Our group, affectionately named "Animal House", will all be in action in New Jersey for "Tri-State Tough Mudder 2012".  It should prove to be the most fun I've had an event yet.  "Animal House" members will be flying in from all over the country to earn orange headbands.

I've been asked a few times what I'm signed up for so far, so I figured here is as good of a place as any to post my list of events for this year.  I'd like to add another Goruck or two, and possibly a S.E.R.E., beu this is it as of right now:


March 17th – 18th -       Goruck Challenge – Boston
April 28th-29th -            Tough Mudder – Pennsylvania #1
May 5th – 6th -              Tough Mudder – New England #1
May 12th    -                 Tough Mudder – Pennsylvania #2
June 9th -                       Warrior Dash – Thompson, CT
June 16th -                     Ruckus Run – Boston
July 14th – 15th -           Tough Mudder –New England #2
August 11th -                 Spartan Sprint – Amesbury, MA
September 8th -            Super Spartan – Vernon, NJ
September 22nd -         Warrior Dash – Willington, CT
September 29th -          Rugged Maniac – Southwick, MA
October 20th-21st -       Tough Mudder Tristate – New Jersey
October 27th -               Tough Mudder Carolinas – Society Hill, SC
Not yet registered for


3 comments:

  1. Animal House? Sounds like a bunch of gnome worshiping, goat loving, shampoo drinking, slightly unstable people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see there's so many out there with the same insane addiction. The addiction that comes with defeating something that people think you are crazy to even attempt.

    That's life. Aroo?

    ReplyDelete